July 19, 2012 Leave a comment
August is prime time for family vacations and like the millions of Americans who plan to hit the road for sun, fun, and relaxation, small business owners need a summer vacation too. If you run your own business, you know that it can be hard to pack-up and take time off, whether it’s a long four-day weekend, or an extended two week trip.
At Intuit PaymentNetwork, we believe everyone deserves a summer vacation and want to help you take off some well-deserved time to spend with your family and friends. Below are some tips on how to manage your invoices through Intuit PaymentNetwork before and during vacation, alleviating one less task from your pre-vacation check list.
- Do you collect weekly, bi-weekly or month payments? Set up reoccurring payments reminders to your customers to make sure they pay on time, even while you are out of the office!
- You can manage your recurring payment schedules by clicking on ‘Recurring Payments’ on the left of your Intuit PaymentNetwork home screen (example below):
- Tell customers and clients you’re taking a vacation by sending out invoices early! This will help keep you bank account in check, despite being out of the office.
- We hope you can disconnect from work during vacation, but if you need to check-in, remember that IPN is only an Internet connection away. If you need to check on payments owed or received, just log-into IPN from a computer or smartphone with an Internet connection and you can check on business deliverables.
- For more tools on preparing for vacation, check out this “getting reading for vacation” guide from Small Business Trends.
If there are any tips you have for us, or your fellow readers, let us know in the comments section below or Tweet @IPNTeam. Happy vacationing!